Thursday, July 14, 2005

Kelly's primer on the "Rovegate" affair

I must admit to disliking intensely the term "Rovegate" since it implies Karl Rove has done something illegal in this whole Valerie Plame outting thing. I'd prefer something like "Plameout," but I'm afraid Rovegate is sorta like tar. Once it's used, it sticks like crazy. In any case, if you're interested in the entire event structure leading up to where we are at present, you need to go have a look at Jack Kelly's Irish Pennants. In this post, he brings you up to date on the events that led us here starting way back with the 1st inkling that Saddam was trying to buy uranium from Niger. The sequence of events is very telling - and is part of public record, I might add - in that the sequence itself shows that many of the claims made in this whole affair are, shall we say, erroneous. I recommend it highly if you're interested in knowing the facts before taking a position.