Saturday, July 30, 2005

Think I'll wait until morning...

I've got some work to do in the attic of my home. There's some electrical work I'm going to do and I need to lay down some new insulation in a few spots where it's not quite up to spec. At about 9:30 am it wasn't too bad up there, probably in the high 80's to low 90's. Every time I went up there, however, it seemed like it was getting hotter. I figured it might be a nice experiment to drop a thermometer up there and see what the temperature actually was. I did just that before I came downstairs for lunch.

By 1:30 pm it was 101° up there. (I'd pretty much decided to not go up there again until after sundown by that point.) I just happened to go past the temperature display down here (it's reading the probe upstairs via radio) and it's showing 112.3°.

I'm pretty much thinking I'll be waiting until tomorrow morning, now.