Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Help, if you can Updated

In spite of being long gone, the damage from Hurrican Katrina continues as more of New Orlean's levee system fails and water continues to rise in the city. Latest estimates put 80% of the city under water with recovery thought to involve literally months to get the water out of the streets. If you can, please consider donating to the American Red Cross to assist their efforts. Anything you can give will help, believe me.

In some of my e-mails, I've heard some occasional comments about the Red Cross and I need to remind everyone that the American Red Cross and the International Red Cross are 2 very different agencies. The IRC is based in Europe and has been a largely anti-American voice in the world. The American Red Cross is very much neither. Please, if you can...

Update: I am reminded of the fine work of the Catholic Charities as well and I'd like to put in a word for them here. Donate to this organization if you can.