Friday, September 23, 2005

The Patterico First Amendment Pledge

Patterico has been one of the consistent voices watching over the travesty that is the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA), better known as McCain-Feingold. He's got a post up regarding an interesting disclosure by John McCain on his Act's effects on the Internet. Linked at the bottom of that post is his invitation to join a list of bloggers in a pledge to not allow our First Amendment rights to free speech to be subverted. Accordingly:

If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules.

I am an American citizen. It is my right and duty to speak out on matters pertaining to the political workings of my government and I will not relinquish either that right or that duty.

Count me in, Patterico.