Thursday, October 06, 2005

Eyes in the city

Just a quick aside today since I'm doing something I normally don't do. I'm in DC today having some customer meetings and, as luck would have it, there's a huge gap in the middle of the day. I intend to go grab some lunch soon, but it was a bit too early for that when I got out of the last meeting. So I dropped off at one of the many Starbucks in the city and managed to actually connect to their wireless getup so I could pull e-mails and whatnot from the company servers. It's actually working pretty well. You'd think, as a network engineer, I would have done this many, many times before. Frankly, it's my expertise that usually warns me off of connecting to "foreign" networks like these, but it was just such a novelty to actually have the time today.

I'm looking out at McPherson Square in DC right now and watching the bustle of the Nation's Capitol. I'm thinking I need to go out and buy an inexpensive digital camera so I can take pix on days like these.