Thursday, October 13, 2005

I think they've got the routine down by now.

Being the father of 1 child has, at times, seemed to strain my time management quite a bit. I cannot imagine, even with pharmaceutical assistance, being a parent of 16 kids.

::::::::Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1; and now Johannah.
::::::::

Oh my. A newborn and a 17-year-old in the house. Speaking of houses, the Duggars are working to finish their new home so they can have the space they need. Get a load of this:

::::::::The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family from the northwest Arkansas town of Rogers has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.::::::::

Yes, and that sounds like a minimum requirement to me. I know how much laundry I do and it's just the 3 of us. Best of luck the Duggars, all 18 of ya!